Monday, September 19, 2011

Critiquing fellow students Blogs

The three Blogs I chose were:
Gabrielle Boykins http://famousmodel1083.blogspot.com/
Stephanie Jones http://keepingupwiththerealjones.blogspot.com/
Mike Baguidy http://mikebaguidy.blogspot.com/2011/08/bloggin-with-mike.html
Hi Gabrielle,   
The best description for your blog is ‘enjoyable!’ Your effervescent personality shines through in your writing; but you still manage to write informative, factually based posts. Your posts are thorough and well written while still being entertaining. So far many of the posts I’ve read have been very, ‘dry.’ Not so yours! You made the information very palatable, (as much as such information can be!). Your Blog background design is very eye-catching to me…but not for the reasons you may think. I don’t know if you have taken many biology classes, or done much work with a microscope. The background art reminds me very much of a human tissue sample from a pathology specimen on a slide under a microscope. Honest! I’ve looked at thousands and that’s the first thing that popped into my mind. I love it!
Design-Very good overall. (Even though in my twisted and crazy mind I saw medical specimens!!).
Purpose-audience- You approached the material appropriately for a student audience.
Title-Your title, ‘Make It Famous,’ reflects your effervescence and is appropriate for you.
Content-All of the content pertinent to the course was good and well written
Hi Stephanie,
Your Blog is lovely, by far the prettiest of our class! You must have access to a different group of fonts than I do, because I envy, and would like to have the ‘Handwritten,’ font on my PC.’ I love it! If you can - email me the link or settings for that, it’s really great. (I’m not as computer savvy as some of my classmates and take all suggestions and ideas gratefully. Your pictures are great, especially your husband, I hope he’s OK. Your posts are informative and readable, (I’d never heard of RSS before!). You write of your family eloquently and I can tell you love them all very much. I can commiserate with your running behind on your assignments; there just aren’t enough hours in the day sometimes! Your Blog sounds like you have a full, satisfying, (and. busy), life. By the end of the week you feel like spaghetti noodles look! Just like me!!!
Design-I liked your design very much.
Purpose-audience- The material was very good and appropriate for a student audience and lay audience with the combination of technical material and personal information.
Title-Your title, ‘Keeping up with the Jones,’ is a play on a very old phrase used in a new way, I like it very much.
Content-All of the content pertinent to the course was good and well written.
Hi Mike,
Love the koala bears! What an eye catcher on your first page! I think I would suggest, though, something on the right-hand side so it does not appear so stark, perhaps, ‘Welcome to my Home!’
I also love the first line under media technologies; ‘As the world evolves and consistently goes through its natural changes, so do the people who live in it.’ As there is no citation or notation, I can only assume the wording is yours. If so, well done!
I liked the wording of your response to ‘John’ in your, ‘Delivering Bad News,’ post.
‘After gathering that bit of information, I said to John; you can always rely on me when you are puzzled about your work,’
‘He understood clearly and thanked me for my time, patience, and honesty and then vowed to make a significant change.’
‘My strategy for delivering bad news tactfully and effectively was to be an active listener; Gather information, have a mutual understanding of the current issue, think about a possible solution that would make both parties happy and then negotiate or agree to that solution.’
All of these are positive and pro-active remarks that convey the need for change, a method of change, and do so in a pleasant, but firm manner. It uses the method of collaboration to address the situation. I’d like to be one of your employees!
Design-I liked your design very much, especially the Koalas! As I stated above, I would add something to the right side a title, quote, or another picture..
Purpose-audience- The material was very good and appropriate for a student audience.
Title-Your title, ‘Blogging with Mike,’ makes your Blog sound friendly.
Content-All of the content pertinent to the course was good and I especially liked your, ‘turn of phrase,’ in a couple of spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment